The Email Documents section is where you will create and manage your email documents.
Use the steps below to create a new email document:
1. Go to Contacts > Email Documents.
2. Click Add An Email Document.
You will then be taken to the General Information section of the new email you are creating.
The General Information section is where you will control the basic information for your email document such as the subject, template, and sender information.
1. Select the Email Template you want to use for your new email document. There are three default email templates already setup that are utilized by system emails:
Vin65 also has some free responsive email templates available for newsletters and featuring wines and events. You can choose to add these templates under Settings > Templates > Quick Setup, just select which ones you would like to add. (This will add them to the dropdown list when you create emails in the future.) Check back here for new email templates as more will be released. Learn more about Quick Setup here.
2. Enter the Subject for your email Document.
3. Enter the sender's email address in the Email From field.
4. Enter the name or title for the sender under Friendly Name.
5. Enter the Category (i.e. folder) that you want the email to be a part of.
6. Click Save.
1. Click Edit under the Content section of your email.
2. Each of the content sections will be layout and allow you to add or edit content in the preset fields that are built into the email template. The types of content sections that are available to you will vary depending on the email template you selected.
Now your email is ready to be sent. Once your document has been sent out statistics around each send and the emails conversion will be tracked and reported on under Stats.
The stats section of the email document allows you to track the effectiveness of each of the email sends with statistics on both the sends themselves and the content within the email. There are 3 sections of statistics that you can review: Total overall statistics for the document, statistics per send of the document, and even per link statistics of the content within the document.
When you view a document the main graph will give you a combined total statistics for all of individual sends for the email document.
By clicking on one of the individual email sends from the send list you will be able to see statistics related to the number of emails in that single send.
By clicking on an individual link within the one of the email sends you can see the conversion statistics
|Sent||Review the total number of emails that were sent in a single send for the email document.|
|Opens||Review the total number/percentage of emails that were opened by recipients.|
|Clicks||Review the total number/percentage link clicks for the email content.|
|Unique||Review the number of recipients that clicks links. Recipients may click more than one link within the document which would count as greater clicks but only one unique click.|
|Orders||Review the total number/percentage of orders that were placed as a result of the link in your email.|
|Order Amount||Review the total dollar amount generated for each of the links in your email.|
|Club Signups||Review the total number/percentage of club signups per email send and per link in the email document.|
The Quick Setup options are found under Settings > Templates. Template Actions allows you to select and create an number of responsive email templates. This means that they will adjust and look great on all device sizes whether you are viewing it on a desktop computer, tablet, or phone.
**Note that these are templates for email documents that you create, not the actual email documents. If you are wanting to send out an email, you will continue to go to Contacts > Email Documents > Add an Email Document.
1. Go to Settings > Templates > Template Actions > Quick Setup.
2. Check which template(s) you would like to add.
3. Click Setup
4. You will now want to add any default content such as a logo and address. Please note that you will still create emails under Contacts > Email Documents. This is the email template, not the actual email. :) Any content that you enter will be prefilled for you every time that you create an email document with this template selected.
If you don't want any default content to be prefilled, you can remove the text.
Featured Event - Use this template for wine pickup parties, new wine releases, winery events, concerts, club parties and winemaker dinners. It features a full width image (660x225), content and a button, great for a single call to action.
Featured Wine - Use this template for showcasing new releases, featured wines, promotions and club-only releases.
Newsletter - Use this template to keep people up to date with your winery's news, events, blog posts, etc. You have the ability to add a featured image, and add important links for your customers to the footer.
Blank - When you are creating an email document, you can use this template to paste in the HTML from another email. This give you complete control over customization without needing your designer to create a custom email template under Settings > Templates. It only contains by default a section for content/HTML and for footer links.
Please note that the admin user must be marked as Is Developer to access the Templates section. Learn More >
Absolutely! You just need to email email@example.com and ask to have V2.1 emails turned on for your winery. Our support team will take you through the steps to get going with V2.1 emails.
For modifying system email templates, you will want to make changes to the "Default Email Success" and "Default Email Failure" templates. Be sure to test your system emails after you finish making your changes to the template!
Email documents that are assigned to one or more POS profile(s) cannot be deleted. An different email document must be assigned to the POS profile(s) under Settings > POS Profiles using the Order Confirmation Email drop down select.
For more information see POS Profile Documentation.