Admin Users accounts must be in place in order for staff members and web designers to have access to your admin panel or POS. Watch the video or read the following text to learn more about Admin Users.
Add An Admin User: Learn how to add an admin user. Learn More >
Admin User Access: Learn about the three different Admin User types. Learn More >
Removing/Suspending Admin Users: Learn about making users inactive or deleting them. Learn More >
Deactivated Users: Learn about Deactivated Users. Learn More >
Master Admin Users: Learn about how to toggle between website admin panels with enterprise level Master Admin access. Learn More >
Create additional admin accounts so that additional team members or designers can log into your site. Please follow the steps below to add a new account or see the documentation link above for more details.
1. Navigate to Settings > Users.
2. Click Add a Admin User.
3. Enter the information for the contact you are setting up including First & Last Name, Email, Username, and Password.
4. Set the permission level for the user of either Basic Admin or Domain Admin. Basic admins can only see sections of the admin panel that they have been granted access to under the Security section (which will appear below General Information after a Basic Admin account has been saved).
5. Assign or create a Sales Associate name for users who will be placing orders. When they are logged in, if they place an order it will be credited and tracked to this name. To create a new Sales Associate name click [Add New].
6. Checking off Is Developer will give advanced access to internal website settings and developer areas of the admin panel. If the user you are setting up is a designer/developer, they will required this access. Note that most users will not need this access level and it should only be given to advanced users involved in the website implementation and development.
** This will allow users to access Website Settings, Layouts, Designer Launch, the Admin tab for Content Editor Page Properties and the ability to delete Contact Types that are marked as not "Deleteable".
7. Mark the account as Is Active so users can actively log into the account.
8. If you have POS PINs enabled, you can add a new PIN or replace an existing one to allow that user to log in to the POS with a PIN. If the PIN field is left blank and the user logs in to the POS using their Username and Password, they will be prompted to add a new PIN.
9. Click Save
|Master Admin||This user have access to all content on the Vin65 platform and to other websites controlled by the same company. Master Admin can only be created by other Master Admins as it is the highest level of admin user. In order for the account to be active, a Vin65 support representative must tie the account to the correct website agency in order for the account to function properly so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to grant them login access.|
|Domain Admin||This user has access to all content on the Vin65 platform.|
With a Basic admin you can limited the sections of the Vin65 platform that a user can access. To limit access; select Basic Admin and go to the "Security" tab. Here you can check off the boxes for content this user will have access to. You will have to give the basic admin at least one section of the admin panel to have access to in the Security section in order for them to login.
An example: If you wanted to give someone access to the club area, but not products, you'd check off the main 'Store' box, and the 'Club' box below and leave 'Products' unchecked.
You can remove an admin user by making them inactive (un-checking the Active check box) or deleting them.
Please note that after 3 months of inactivity, your admin user account will become automatically inactivated. This will require another user with Domain Admin access to reactivate your account, or you can contact email@example.com for assistance.
For large Enterprise level clients managing multiple WineDirect sites, Master Admin options allow users to have one login that allows then to access each of the website admin panels with one master login. Master Admin users are for clients managing two order more websites with WineDirect where users will have to access both websites (if the teams are separate and do not collaborate then Master Admins would not be applicable).
You will add a new Master Admin user the same way you would any other user. See: Add An Admin User.
Use the follow steps to toggle between websites within your company (only available to Master Admins):
1. Click Master Admin in the top right hand corner of the admin panel next to your name. This will activate the Master Admin drop down for your organization.
2. From the website select dropdown select the admin panel your wish to access and click the Reload Arrows.
3. Your Admin Panel will then reload and jump to the site you selected.