The Send Mass Email tool is helpful in sending an email document to a select target audience. It can also be used to send email documents to a single individual, or a small group. The following video and text will outline some key points in sending a mass email to your customers.
1. Go to Contacts > Send Mass Email.
2. Under General select the Category that the document is saved in (i.e. Newsletters, Club, etc.)
3. Select the email you want to send out from the Document drop down.
4. Check the first Send To box if you're sending the email to a single individual Here you can type in the email address. You can only send to one address. For mass emails you will skip this and move to step 5.
5. Check the second Sent To box if you're sending the email to a target audience. From the drop down menu select the List you would like to send the email to. Form more information on building lists see the List Builder Documentation >
6. Click Next.
7. The Confirm tab allows you to review how many contacts you will be sening your email document to. Depending on whether you cleaned the list that you are going to send to (i.e. verified all email addresses so that no contacts have a Blank Email Status).
If your list contains contacts that have not had their email addresses verified and cleaned you will be given the option to either clean the list (See Clean A List Documentation) so that you can send it through SendGrid or check the box to send the email through the existing email tools.
If your list has been cleaned and does not contain anyone any contacts with a Blank Email Status (i.e. there address has not bee verified) then you will be able to send your email via SendGrid.
Once your list is clean or you have opted to use the older email send tools click Send Email.
8. The Success tab will confirm how many successful emails were sent out.
Emails are a tricky item to master and they take time to create. We always recommend testing email blasts with Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook and any other services before you fully send out that mass email - you would want to be sure that all the email clients are able to display the Email Document the way you want it to display.
1. Create your emails document under Contacts > Email Documents. For more information on creating emails please see the Email Documents Documentation.
2. Go to Contacts > Send Mass Email.
3. Under General select the Category that the document is saved in (i.e. Newsletters, Club, etc.)
4. Select the email you want to send out from the Document drop down.
5. Check the first Send To checkbox and enter the email address you would like to send the test email to.
The process for bounces will vary depending on how your email was sent.
Emails that are sent to clean lists through SendGrid will contain bounce back tracking within Vin65. The email document will contain statistics on the number of bounces for each send. Found under the Stats section of the email document.
Emails that are sent to lists that have not been cleaned and contain contacts with Blank Email Statuses will be sent the standard Barracuda email send service (all have been sent using this method until the introduction of SendGrid). Any bounce back notifications would be managed using the bounce back notification emails returned from each email provider to the email sender address (Email From address) for the document.
You can select multiple orders and send emails to these customers through Store > Orders instead of using the Send Mass Email tool. For example, this may be helpful to use if you need to send an email to your customers who have Declined Payments on an order or have Not Picked Up their order yet. Simply use the Search parameters to sort through orders based on the email document you wish to send, and click the checkbox next to the orders that you want to send the email to. Then go to the Actions drop down menu that has appeared at the top of the list, and select Email Customers.
Once you select Email Customers, a pop-up window will appear that will allow you to select the Email Category and the Email Document that you wish to send. It will also list the customers that you have selected to send the email to.