Club memberships must be cancelled on the admin panel. Memberships cannot be cancelled by members on the frontend of the website.
Follow these steps to cancel a club membership:
1. In the Admin Panel navigate to Contacts and search for the club member.
2. Click on the contacts, and under the right hand Contact Properties menu, select Manage Club Memberships.
3. Select the club from the club memberships list that you wish to cancel.
4. In the Cancel On field, fill in the date that you want the club membership to be cancelled on.
5. Select a Cancellation Reason from the drop down menu. Click here to learn more about cancellation reasons.
6. By checking the Retain Club Privileges box you can allow a cancelled member to retain club member pricing/discounts without the commitment of club shipments. This allows them access to club level pricing and promotions without being charged for a membership or club shipments.
7. To send the member a cancellation email, check the box that says "Send cancellation email." The emai's default verbiage is pre-set, but you can edit as needed by navigating to the email under Contacts > Email Documents. Note that this email document does not exist by default, but will be generated automatically the first time you mark the box checked "Send cancellation email."
California legislation (effective July 1, 2018) requires that businesses who offer automatic renewal subscription services, such as wine clubs, to customers online must allow them to cancel their membership online or via email.
While members cannot currently fully execute a club cancellation online, we have two suggested workarounds:
Option 1: Create a Mailto Hyperlink
Option 2: Create a Club Cancellation Form
You can read the full text of the new legislation on the California Legislative Information Website.