Our powerful PromoBuilder allows for the creation of volume based discounts and promotional codes to help drive traffic and increase sales. The two main types of Promos you can build are the Discount Off Promo and the Buy X Get Y Free Promo.
Discounts can be applied to products, shipping or both and can be added as percentages or dollars off. Discounts can also be applied to mixed orders, to certain products only, or to all products with certain exclusions. Discounts can apply across the board or to certain member types only. Start and end dates are also available. Watch the videos below for clear instructions for using the Promo Builder.
1. 00:28 Promo Code Option Not Mandatory
2. 00:47 Demonstrating Adding Promo Code Online
3. 01:08 Limit who qualifies with "Available To"
4. 01:18 "Product Selection" field explained
5. 01:34 Start and Expiry date
6. 01:44 "Limit Use" tool explained
7. 02:11 Promo setup to display on Vin65 POS
8. 02:48 Example of adding promo on Vin65 POS
9. 04:13 Discount area explained
10. 06:22 Categories area explained
11. 06:31 Coupling best practices
1. 00:10 Setting up Promo
2. 00:40 Limiting Use on Promo
3. 00:50 Providing Shipping Discount Amount
4. 01:15 One Cent Shipping Discount
1. 00:23 Choosing Proper "Available To" option
2. 00:43 Selecting which Club Levels to Use
3. 01:15 Providing the Discount for the Club Members
4. 01:40 Assigning Promo to Category
1. Go to Store.
2. Go to Promos in the subtab.
3. Click on the green Add A Promo button.
4. A General Information section will open up.
This is first informational section of the Promo Builder.
1. Add your details on the promo.
2. Press Save.
|Type||Choose Discount off or Buy X Get Y|
|Name||This is the front facing name.|
|Code||Add in the code for your promo. This is an optional field. If left blank the promo will automatically apply.|
|Available To||Choose from these options:
|Product Selection||Choose from these options:
|Starts/Expiry||Controls the start and end date of your promotion and bases it on PST time at 12:00am to start and 11:59pm for expiry dates.|
|Limit Use||Choose from these options:
|Allow Show Promo on List in POS||This allows you to show the promo as a clickable Coupon button in Vin65 POS. *Must have a Promo Code to work*|
|POS Promo Name||This is a shortened name for your promo button on Vin65 POS.|
There are four options for adding Products:
Depending on what you chose, that will control what you see next. You will see the ability to Search for Products, Brands or Departments to include on the Promo. Or you will see the ability to choose which products to exclude.
1. Click on Search for Products.
2. Check the products you would like to add to the promo.
3. Click Save.
Here you are able to control the specific filters of your promotion.
1. Add in your specific choices for the promotion.
2. Press Save.
|Product Promo Type||Choose Percent Off or Dollar Off. To the right in the Promo section choose the percent or dollars off.|
|Shipping Promo Type||Choose Percent Off, Dollar Off or Flat Rate. To the right in the Promo section choose the percent off, dollar off, or flat rate dollar amount.|
|Shipping On||Choose Entire Store or Just These Products. Just These Products refers to only the products applicable to the promotion.|
|Promotion applies to the default shipping rate only||This checkbox is referring to the default shipping type of your default shipping strategy. I.e, The Wine Shipping Strategy has a Ground Option. The promo would only apply on this one shipping method.|
|Order Total From/To||These fields allow you to control the Order Total of the entire cart before the discount is applied. Products excluded in this promo will still count towards the cart total but will not receive a discount.|
|Quantity From/To||These fields allow you to control the amount of bottles/products added to the cart for the promo to apply.|
|Include subSkus||This checkbox allows you to count the individual bottle/item count within a bundle instead of counting the bundle as one item.|
In the admin panel or POS order, if you edit an item where the price has been overridden , you can remove the override price and the original price will appear and coupons will apply. Sales Detail and Sales Detail X Reports will both show you if a price has been overridden on an order.
1. Click on the Advanced [+] to go into Price Levels and States.
2. Check the box or boxes if you want the coupon promo to be limited to a certain Price Levels.
3. Check the box or boxes if you want to have the coupon promo to be limited to certain States or Provinces. Then click Apply Changes.
The categories can be viewed as folders to help you organize your promos. You can create new categories and manage them here.
1. Click Edit.
2. Choose the Category you want the promo to applied (you can add new categories here).
3. Press Save.
Want to manage and add your categories? Learn More >
Promos may be applied to specific order types. For example, you may wish to offer a discount to individuals in your tasting room only, so you could limit the promo to POS orders only. However, we caution against excess use of this feature so that you do not exclude segments of your customers from receiving discounts.
1. Click Edit.
2. Select the order types that you would like the promo applied to (e.g. POS, Website).
3 Press Save.
Want to manage and edit your order types? Learn More >
Promos may be applied to specific shipping types, or you may wish to limit which shipping types your customers can use with your promo.
1. Click Edit.
2. A list of shipping strategies and their corresponding shipping types will appear. Select the shipping types that you would like the promo applied to (e.g. Ground, 2 Day).
3 Press Save.
Want to manage and edit your shipping types? Learn More >
Coupling allows you to setup promos that will apply together if the customer meets the qualifications for both promos. If promos are not coupled together than the promo that offers the higher discount (larger saving) will apply.
1. Check the box or boxes you want your promo to be coupled with another promotion.
2. Click Apply Changes.
3. You have now successfully created a Promotion.
Our system will automatically give the best promotion possible to the customer that they qualify for.
If your promotion isn't working after you've changed everything, you may need to close your internet browser completely (or open a new internet browser) for the promotion to take affect (you need to do this because your internet browser will cache the old promotion, closing the browser will remove the cache).
Find the page you want to link to... let's say it's both of these pages:
Determine whether you need a question mark (?) in the URL and when to use an ampersand (&) - basically the first one is a question mark - the rest is ampersands - example below Add to the querystring 'promocode=NoShipping' or whatever the promo code is.
Final URLs are:
Non-coupled Promos follow a rule of "Greatest Discount Wins". If a customer can apply for more than one Promo at once, then only the greatest discount will be used. The the Promo will display as "inapplciable" if a greater discount is present instead.
No. At this time our Promo Builder is capable of making discount promotions and Buy X get Y Free Promotions. It does not have the capability to do Buy X get Y discounted.
The two most common occurances of this error happens when a promo is excluded from an order when a non-coupled promo with a greater discount is already applied to it, or when the promo is discounting zero dollars.
Promotions will show up when viewing the cart or the checkout page. Promotions are best advertised elsewhere on your site, or within the product's description or teaser as a best practice.
When creating a new promo, make sure that the dropdown box for Available To is set to Specific Club Levels. As well, make sure that your Code box is empty so that the promo automatically applies to your club members.
Finally, under the Club Levels heading, specify the clubs that you wish the promo to apply.
When the system sees "$0.00" as a value within a discount box, it persumes that there is no discount to be made. As a result, we recommend using a 100 percent off discount as opposed to a $0 flat rate to represent free shipping in your promotions to get the most consistant results.