The Notes section allows you to keep track of internal notes tied to a customer record to assist with customer management. Along with free form notes, admin users are also allowed to set flags within a customer's contact record that will display as a warning (yellow in color) in the General section of the customer record. Notes and Flags are meant for internal usage and are not visible to customers.
To add a new note or a flag, click on the [+] Add Note button, or to edit existing notes or flags, click on the Edit button. You can also delete a note or flag by clicking the Remove button. The example below shows a view when adding a note or flag.
Below is a list of the properties that are editable/viewable for a customer's note tools:
This is the date that the note/flag was added. MM/DD/YYYY (for North America).
|Subject*||This is the subject of the note. We recommend that this be somewhat descriptive of the actual note. Usually limited to 100 or less characters.|
|Comments||This is where you'll put in the detailed note/flag information.|
There are two locations in the Vin65 admin panel where you can view contact based Notes and Flags, the Dashboard, and in a specified contact record.
1. Navigate to Dashboard > Notes.
2. Search for Note or Flag by entering text in the blue Search bar that may appear in the Subject or Comments of the note/flag.
3. Use the Advanced drop down menu for more specified search options.
4. Click Search to view a listing of all notes and tasks.
5. Select the note/flag to view more details, or to Edit and Delete.
1. Navigate to Contacts > Contacts.
2. Search for the specified contact and open their record by clicking on their contact information.
3. If a Flag has been created for the contact, it will appear at the top of their contact record in the Manage General section.
4. To view a Note, navigate to Manage Notes in the left hand Contact Properties menu.
5. Here you will view a listing of Notes and Flags. You will be able to Edit or Remove the note/flag here.