The Allocations builder allows you to manage limited production releases and other exclusive wines. Some of its features are:
As the value of exclusivity grows in the wine industry, more and more wineries want to use the feature of allocations. While allocations can accomplish this, it is important to think about whether it fits your specific winery based on your customer base, your website traffic, and your brand reach.
If you are a small winery still building a customer base then using allocations will actually hinder your sales because customers won't understand why they cannot purchase your wine when they first arrive at your website. As mentioned in the first section of this page, this should be used to manage limited production releases and other exclusive wines only - not simply for the feel of exclusivity (as there are other ways to accomplish this, such as wine clubs and promotions for specific members).
1. In the Admin Panel, navigate to Store > Allocations.
2. Click [+] Add an Allocation.
3. Read through the following sections to learn more about adding an allocation.
1. Enter the Name for your allocation
2. Enter an Internal Name for your allocation.
3. Enter a Start Date and End Date. The Ship Date field is optional and can be left blank. Please note the Ship Date does not mark a Future Ship Date on these orders, it is simply a front end view of when your customer can expect it to ship. If left blank no Ship Date will appear online.
4. Press Save.
1. Click on Edit at the Products section.
2. To add products to your allocation, you need to select the SKUs from the drop down menu. Note only products that are marked as Is Allocated will appear in the drop down. To allocate a SKU please see the Allocating A Wine Documentation.
3. Next enter the Minimum Qty (Quantity) and Maximum Qty for the product. You can also enter a Default Qty. The Default is the amount of wine that appears to be already chosen for them when they look at their release options online. They can change this at the time of purchase.
Keep in mind that adding a Minimum Qty does not force the customer to purchase this SKU in the Allocation. It will restrict them from purchasing less than the Minimum Qty entered, but they can still choose to not purchase this SKU.
4. Press Save.
Use the members section to select contact types or clubs for this allocation. Members can be added to Contact Types in several ways, the most common being the use of a Mailing List Signup form. Your Mailing List Signup form should include all of the elements needed for future contact with the customer, including creation of a username and password. In this way, once a member has been added you’ll be able to email him or her with the good news and an invitation to login and update any or all account information.
1. Press Edit in the Members section.
2. Check the boxes in the Contact Types section and Clubs section that you want the allocation to apply to.
The Wish List section will show a list of customers who’ve requested additional wine. Customers can be added to this list in two ways:
1. They can make requests on the front end after taking their any part of their allocation. Learn more about the public facing Wish List.
2. You can Add a Wish for them through the admin panel.
2. Use the popup window that appears to search for the member you would like to add a request for. You can search by First/Last Name, Company, Phone, Email, or Contact Type.
3. Once you’ve found the member you’re looking for, click the Add button.
4. Add the appropriate Wish Quantity and click Save.
Go to the Wish List section under the Allocation Builder and select the appropriate customer from the list of people who’ve made requests. And you have two options:
1. Click Grant Wish and you will see a window showing the maximum quantity this member can now purchase. To grant the wish, update the customer's max quantity, and click Save.
2. Click Create Order and you will see the standard Add an Order window, which will default to the review tab. If all looks fine with the order, click Process Order in the bottom right corner.
If you feel you want to make some changes or see some red error messages on the order, use the tabs to the left to modify the customer’s billing address, shipping address, items (including handling and sales tax), shipping charges, or payment information. Finally, go back to the Review tab and click Process Order.
The stats section will show your allocation stats. This includes the following:
|Members In Allocation||This will show your total members that can access the Allocation.|
|Members Who Purchased||Total number of ones who have purchased the Allocation.|
|Product||This will show the list of Products that are part of the Allocation.|
|Inventory In||This will display the various inventory pools you have created in Vin65 and will show how much is available in each pool.|
|Sold||How much wine you have sold on this Allocation.|
|Outstanding||How much wine is expected to be sold on this Allocation based on the maximum allowed quantity and amount of Allocation members. Custom Grants are added to this total. Wishes are not added to this total until you have granted the wish.|
|Wished For||How many total bottles members have wished for.|
|Granted Above Default||How many total bottles have been granted to members.|
Once you have setup your allocation please use the Upcoming Allocation Form to notify Vin65 so that we can prepare your website for the added traffic during your allocation.