Yes. The POS system supports printing on a retail receipt printer or a standard computer printer, however the following requirements must be met:
- Running Vin65 POS system version 2.0.1 or higher.
- Using Apple iOS device (iPod, iPad, iPhone) or Android devices with a wifi connection. (Network data connections, such as 3G & 4G, are not supported).
- Using Desktop verion with the Chrome web browser.
- For Invoice Style Receipts: an AirPrint compatible printer or application that supports AirPrint.
- For Traditional Retail Receipts: a compatible reciept printer.
You will want to review both the information/documentation that comes with your printer as well as Apple's AirPrint Setup documentation: www.apple.com/support/ipad/assistant/airprint/#section_1
Yes, however you will need to look for a 3rd party application, such as FingerPrint 2, to communicate with your computer/printer and AirPrint on your iOS device. For more information on FingerPrint 2 please see: www.collobos.com/airprint
AirPrint does not apply to Thermal Receipt printers. For information on how Thermal Receipt printers work please see our documentation here.
Please Note: There are many other applications available however FingerPrint 2 is the only application tested by Vin65.
Yes. When entering an order on the POS there is an option to 'Pay With Cash' which will allow you to enter to collected amount.
If you try to enter a sum of cash less than the amount due an onscreen error message "Cash Tendered cannot be less than the Amount Due" will prompt you to increase the cash tendered amount you are entering.
For reporting you can use the Sales By Tender Type report to review cash sales, along with your other tender types. For more information please see the Sales by Tender Type Documentation.
Yes there is support to connect to a cash register. During the purchasing process the cash drawer will automatically open after you select the type of Tender to allow you to accept cash and provide change. You can also use the Sales by Tender Type report to balance your daily start and ending balances (floats).
Yes, the POS system requires a steady wifi, 3G, 4G or LTE connection. But no you cannot operate it offline. You will not be able to look up customers, charge credit cards, apply discounts, etc, offline. Regarding the strength and speed of your internet, if you can watch Netflix on your internet connection you should have no issues running the POS system.
No. All of your data is accessed over the cloud from your Vin65 server and is not stored on your computer, Android phone, Android tablet, iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
Yes. If you don't want your associates surfing the net between customers you can set the iPad POS system to be the only app to access. To access other apps would require a password. To set this up you can follow the steps outlined here:
Yes. You can accept tips in set 15%, 20%, or 25% increments or an amount entered by the customer. Tips will be recorded on the order and can be referenced through sales reports such as the Sales By Date report.
Please note: The tip feature does need to be enabled in the POS Profile that you are signed into. For more information on where to adjust this please see the POS Profile Documentation.
iOS & requires a privacy setting adjustment to allow your card swipe unit to have access to the microphone/headphone jack on your iPad. For a complete list of steps to make this adjustment please click here.
To access member information on the iPad, you will want to first ensure that your club member or customer is selected on the POS. Now you will want to select the image of the silhouette head and shoulders. This icon will take you to the member area of the Vin65 POS system.
Now you can select and add Club Memberships, see purchase history and more!
When you have items added to your cart on the POS you can click the settings menu (the 3 bars located in the upper left of the screen). The menu will open up and you will be able to select the "Hold Order" option.
Now a window will open up and you will want to enter in the email address of the user that this order is on hold for.
This allows you to find their hold order easily later when you click on the "Resume Order" button. This button is just below "Hold Order". When you click "Resume Order" a window will open up and you'll be able to search for all of the current "on hold" orders in the system. When you press on their email address it will open and populate the cart wit their previously entered details.
The URL (website link) for Vin65 POS desktop will only work in Google Chrome browser.
Special shipping instructions should be added using the Order Notes field found within the Additional Order Info section of the POS. This is available on the iOS, Android, and Desktop versions. You can access the Additional Order Info screen using two methods:
1. Go to the Settings Menu (3 bars in the upper left corner) and select Additional Order Info. Make sure to click Apply to save your notes.
2. The Additional Order Info screen can be setup to always show when placing orders on POS by selecting Forced Additional Order Info. Once this has been selected the Additional Order Info screen will always appear towards the end of the order process when placing an order on POS. For more information on adjusting this setting see the POS Profiles Documentation >
2. Open the app and touch the swipe button at the bottom of the screen
3. Swipe your card
4. Touch the Read Swipe Button.
If the output from the card that displays onscreen is encrypted (portions of the data will be converted to **** icons) then you have a swipe unit that has been encrypted for use only with a specific vendor, like Authorize.net. You will need to reach out to the vendor you purchased the unit from to look for an unencrypted replacement unit or look at purchasing a new unencrypted unit.
If the data looks correct you may need to check the application privacy settings to see if the ID Tech Unimag Reader and Vin65 apps are allowed to use the microphone.
No. The default values are 15%, 20% and 25% and you can allow them offer a customized tax dollar amount.
There are two types of Receipts in Vin65, a POS Receipt and a complete Invoice. You can print a complete Invoice through Mobile POS by selecting Letter Print in Device Settings of the POS App.
We are unable to print a complete Invoice from Desktop POS. If you are using Desktop POS, we recommend that you open a new tab, log-in to your Admin Panel and print the complete Invoice off from there.
You may be using a custom keyboard that came with your Android tablet. You will need to switch back to the Google keyboard. This can be done via the settings in the language/keyboard area of your tablet.
Here are the first steps you want to take to troubleshoot if the spinning wheel is happening randomly and not that often (once every few hours). Once you're made it through all of the steps, please send in a support ticket to email@example.com:
- Log out of the POS app on the tablet or the chrome browser on desktop.
- Turn the device or desktop off, then back on.
- Confirm the network is a private network, not accessible by the public.
- Confirm the network isn't a satellite connection.
- Completely delete the app from your device or shortcut from your computer and reinstall.
- Check the Vin65 POS status page to see if the app is experiencing a spike: /More---/System-Status/POS-Servers
- Try it on another device (if you're on a tablet, try it on a phone or laptop).
- Try it on another network (different wifi).
- Try it on a LAN/ethernet connection on a computer (if you haven't already).
- Try it on a data connection (turn off wifi and use 3G, 4G, or LTE instead of wifi).
- Time to send in a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send in the following:
- Confirmation you've completed the previous steps.
- Check your connection speed on www.speedtest.net, take a screenshot of the speed.
- If there are any patterns when this is occurring (on a specific section or after selecting a specific SKU, customer, on the payment screen, etc.).
If the spinning wheel is occurring consistently on a specific section or step, try to turn your tablet or desktop off and on. Once restarted, go back to that exact section or step and try to recreate the error again. If you are able to successfully re-create it, take a screenshot and email/call Support at 866.852.8140.
If the spinning wheel is occurring consistently but on random sections, try to turn your tablet or desktop off and on. Once restarted, log back in and click around the app and try to recreate the error again. If you are able to successfully re-create it, take a screenshot and email/call Support at 866.852.8140.
There are a few potential reasons for a declined order, and we generally recommend reaching out to your payment gateway or check the message on the payment tab of the order. However, if you notice it is exclusively guest customers, it is likely that you need to disable AVS (address verification) within your payment gateway. The Vin65 POS is not compatible with AVS.
The POS receipt contains the following information:
- Header/Footer image (if uploaded in the POS Profile)
- Winery Address
- Order total
- Vin65 Order #
- Sales associate name (if applicable)
- Payment Method (e.g. Credit Card, Cash)
- Authorization Code (if Credit Card)
- Last 4 digits of the credit card number
- Line items, quantity, and subtotal
- A signature line (if specified)