Tips/Gratuities are a great feature to have on your pos if you wish to allow your sales associates to be further compensated for their exceptional customer service.
1. Click on Settings > POS Profiles.
2. Select the appropriate POS profile to activate the tips feature.
3. Click on the Collect Tips check box to have tips activated and click Save.
4. Reload your POS system by clicking on the three horizontal lines in the top right hand corner of your pos and click Reload POS. If you still do not see this feature, please log out of your pos and log back in.
Tip is activated for credit card purchases only and not for cash. The tip screen will appear after credit card information is entered. The POS tip screen will only show on the mobile POS, and will not show on the desktop POS.
When having tips selected, please make sure the correct sales associate is logged into the POS profile when completing the transactions. If an error occur where the wrong sales associate is entered, please correct the sales associate via admin panel under Edit Order Information.
Tips default to 15%, 20% and 25% increments but can be customized and there is a section for Custom $ Amount tips. Your customer also have the option of providing No Tip.
When you select Collect Tips and Require Credit Card Signature, by default the tip prompt is separated on a different screen from the signature prompt. This is a good configuration if from time to time you would like to skip the tip window before your customers sign for their purchase.
If you would like to combine the tip and signature prompts onto a single screen,
1. Turn on both Collect Tips and Require Credit Card Signature
2. Select Combine Tip & Signature Screen.
3. Select which Tip Position you would like highlighted by default for the customer.
These options will combine both tipping and signature functionality onto a single screen for a quicker checkout with an experience more similar to a restaurant.