1. Go to Settings > Import Export > Credit Importer.
2. Click Download Sample File.
3. Fill out your sample file. There are 3 columns that you will need to fill in:
|CustomerNumber||This is the customer number for the customer account that you want to import add/update the credit on file.|
The dollar value for the credit that you want to add/update.
|Note||A field where you can add a note that can be reported on later for the credit.|
4. Save the file to a spot on your computer where you will easily find the file again. Make sure that Excel is completely closed before you try to import your file, otherwise the import tool will be unable to read the proper Excel extension given to the file.
5. Click Browse and locate the sample file you saved to your computer.
6. Next, using the Credit drop down, select whether you Add/Subtract funds to the credits that a customer has on file, or Reset their balance to a specific dollar amount.
|Add/Subtract Credits by Amount on Spreadsheet||
The adjust option allows you to add or subtract funds from the current credit balance that the customer has on file. This is the option you will typically use.
In your spreadsheet you will want to use a positive dollar amount for additions and a negative dollar amount for subtractions, i.e:
|Reset Credit Balance to Amount on Spreadsheet||
The reset option will automatically calculate the appropriate positive or negative dollar amount to import adjust the balance to the dollar value specified in the spreadsheet. For example:
If you wish to verify your import after importing you will want to check the balance total on the customer's account.
7. Click Import. You will know that import has run successfully when the popup window automatically closes.
If you are having trouble importing a credit please try the tips below.