Corporate Order Importer
The Corporate Order Importer allows you to create multiple orders, with multiple shipping addresses for one single billing customer. The billing customer who is paying for all the orders will only see one charge for the total amount. Please read the following to learn more about the Corporate Order Importer tool.
1. Navigate to the Settings > Import/Export > Corp. Order Importer.
2. Click Import Corporate Orders from the left navigation.
3. Click Download Sample File to download the spreadsheet we will use.
In the sample file, you will want to fill out the shipping address information and the order details for each order. Each order will only take one line in the Excel spreadsheet. There is room for up to 36 unique SKUs per line and per order.
*Ensure the character limit for each field is 50 characters or less. Having more than 50 characters will cause the import to fail.
|NickName||Free form text. Nickname for the shipping address.|
|BirthDate||The birthdate of the customer. Format is in: MM/DD/YYYY. If the year is 00-29, it will add 20. If the year is 30-99, it will add 19.|
|FirstName*||The name of the recipient customer.|
|LastName*||The last name of the recipient customer|
|Company||Company of the recipient (optional).|
|City*||Shipping destination city|
|StateCode||The two-digit state code. For example, California = CA.|
|ZipCode*||Recipient customer ZipCode|
|Phone*||Customer phone number|
|Customer email address|
|isPickup||Indicates whether the order is a pickup order or a shipping order. Format is in: 0 = not pickup and 1 = pickup.|
|PickupLocation Code||This is the code attached to your pickup location. Typically this is 'Default' if you have not changed the code when setting up your pickup location.|
|OrderNotes||Special instructions or notes for your fulfillment provider|
|GiftMessage||Message that can be sent over to your fulfillment provider to be included with the order.|
|SKU (1-36)||The product SKU. This must match the SKU that you have set up in WineDirect exactly.|
|SKUQty||Numeric quantity for the SKU - Cannot be 0|
|SKUPrice||Price of the product. You will want to build any discounts into the price here.|
*Mandatory Fields: FirstName, LastName, Address, City, ZipCode, Phone.
1. Navigate to Settings > Import/Export > Corp. Order Importer in your Admin Panel.
2. Click on the green Import Corporate Order button on the left.
To work through the process of creating and charging your corporate orders, you will be directed through a series of tabs within the import window:
The General tab is the first tab in the Corporate Order process. On this tab, you will select the billing customer, fill in the shipping information, and add any order info that applies to all orders in the batch.
1. Start by selecting your billing customer (the contact being charged for all the orders) by clicking on Select A Contact. The billing customer must already exist in your customer database. You cannot add a new billing customer from the Corporate Order Importer tool.
2. Name your shipment to help make it easier to find historical corporate orders.
3. Fill out the shipping options that will be used to charge all of the orders in this corporate batch. You can only pick one strategy and one shipping type for all the orders in an upload. Orders will be charged shipping based on the individual orders' shipping states (unless a flat rate is used). Orders specified as pickup will not be charged a shipping rate.
4. Select any of the following order info fields you want to apply, these options must be created in advance in order to be available from the drop down menus.
|Order Type||The type of order such as AdminPanel, Website or POS|
|Sales Type||If it is Onsite or Offsite.|
|Campaign||Select which campaign the order should be a part of.|
|Sales Associate||The sales associate who gets credit for the order.|
|Sales Attribute||A sales attribute is one of the ways to track, organize and sort your orders coming into WineDirect|
|Source Code||This is a free text field where you can type in any internal notes or details for the order.|
5. Optionally you can check the box to not send tracking emails to the billing contact once tracking information has been entered in the WineDirect system. Tracking emails will not be sent to the order recipients.
6. Click on Browse to load your spreadsheet.
7. Click Save & Next to upload the spreadsheet into the Corporate Order Importer tool to proceed onwards.
The Orders tab allows you to review and edit any of the orders before they are finalized.
1. You can review and edit the orders by clicking the pencil icon next to the customer's name. You can also preview the final order with taxes and shipping costs by clicking the magnifying glass next to the customer's name.
2. Once all your orders have been reviewed, you may click Next to continue to the Order Processing tab.
The Order Processing tab is where you are able to create finalized versions of all the orders in your batch. These orders will have the order details finalized but will not yet charge the customer.
1. To begin finalizing the orders in your batch, click the Start check mark.
2. You will be given a breakdown of those that were successful and those that had an error being created. Ensure that you go back and address any of the orders that failed and fix incorrect customer details, product inventory, etc. Once an order has been created, it will not be created again so you can re-run the Order Processing tab once you have adjusted the errors without creating any duplicate orders.
3. Once all your orders have processed successfully, you can click Next to continue to the Credit Card tab.
The Credit Card tab allows you to add the credit card that the billing customer would like to have charged for these orders.
1. Select your payment type: Credit Card.
2. If the billing customer has one or more credit cards saved on file, you will be able to only select one of these cards. Otherwise, you may choose to enter a new card number for a one-time use (the card will not be saved on file and will only be used for the corporate order). An alternative option is to add a new card to be saved on file for the customer.
3. If you are adding a new card, you will want to fill out the card type, number, expiration date and the name on the card.
4. Once you have entered the credit card information that you wish to charge, click Next to proceed to the Charge Order tab.
The Charge Order tab is where you will charge the billing customer's card for all the orders.
1. Now that you have created hold orders and selected a credit card to charge, you are ready to process your corporate batch. Please remember that any orders that you have not yet been created through the processing step will not be charged, so make sure all the orders have been processed without errors.
2. You will see a sentence that reads: "There are X orders for a total charge of $xx.xx. Charge $xx.xx?". This outlines the total number of successfully created orders in the batch and the total combined value of the orders. To charge the customer's credit card, you will want to click the credit card icon or text that reads, "Charge $xx.xx?". This will charge the billing customer's card only once for the total value of all the orders.
3. Now that you have created your orders and charged the customer, you have finished processing the corporate order batch. the next three tabs allows you to send the billing customer an email, review the payment, or view a summary of the order batch.
The Email tab allows you to download an Excel file with a summary of the orders that were charged, as well as gives you the option to send an order confirmation email to the billing customer.
The Payment tab displays the single credit card transaction for the total value of all orders. A successful charge will have a success status of "Yes." If you wish to reference the transaction in your payment gateway, you can use the number in the "trans:" field.
The Summary tab allows you to review the stats for the corporate order batch that you have processed.
Below is a list of some fields you will see under the summary tab of the Corporate Order Importer tool.
|Contact||The billing customer's name.|
|Name||The name of your corporate order batch.|
|Total Charges||The total amount charged for all orders. This will be the amount charged to the billing customer's credit card.|
|Total # of Orders||The total number of orders in your corporate order batch. This includes orders that were processed, had errors and remain unprocessed.|
|Processed Orders||The number of orders that were successfully processed and charged.|
|Errors||The number of orders that had an issue being processed.|
|Unprocessed||The number of orders that remain unprocessed|
Corporate orders are a batch of orders charged to a single billing customer. Each order will be a separate order in WineDirect. You can review processed corporate orders under the Store > Orders section by looking up the billing customer's first and last names. All the orders will be under their order history with each recipient as a separate alternate billing address. If you need to refund or cancel any of the orders, you will do this on a per order level. Please visit our documentation on processing refunds.
You can also view past batches that you have setup from the corporate orders section; Settings > Import/Export > Corp. Orders. On the left you will find search parameters for the first and last name of the billing customer or the shipment name.