The POS system has been designed to be simple and intuitive to allow your tasting room staff the ability to easily place orders. An order can be split so that the total balance can be paid with multiple tender types, such as a combination of credit card and cash.
1. Get your order ready for checkout (i.e. add customer, items, shipping, etc) and press the green Charge button.
2. On the payment screen click Split next to the order total.
3. In the Amount To Tender field enter in the total that you want to split.
4. Next choose the Payment Option that will pay for this split portion of the order.
5. The Total Due for the order will update after each split that you make.
6. You can continue to split the order if necessary. Once you are ready to place the final payment for the order simply select the button for your final payment or swipe the card a credit card and carry the order through the checkout process.
7. On the final Success screen you have the option to print the individual transaction receipts using that Print Tender Receipts button. You can also print one full receipt of the entire order using the Print Receipt button.
When adding various tenders to an order you have the option to Void (credit card) or Remove (cash, gift card, etc) tenders so that the customer can use a different form of payment or to allow you to return back to the main POS screen to add or remove items from the order.
Will only appear for Credit Card tenders.
When a credit card tender has been added to an order the card is automatically authorized for the dollar amount entered for the tender. Use the void button to void that authorization and adjust the tender or choose another card or method of payment.
Any credit cards that have been voided on an order will be listed as voided on any print receipts from the POS, but will not appear in any email receipts to the customer. Only successfully charged tenders appear in emails.
Will appear for all other, non-credit card, payment methods (tenders).
Use the remove option will remove the tender from the order and it will not appear on the receipts. If a gift card is removed, the card will not be used on the order and the value will not be depleted from the gift card.
Removed tenders will not appear on any receipts because they were removed and not applied to the order.
1. From the POS menu go to Order Manager.
2. From list of orders, click on the order you want to refund. The Payment Information section will list each of the payments tendered, so you will know that the order has split tenders.
3. From the menu on the left of the screen select Refund/Return.
4. The refund order will automatically populate all the order items, shipping, tip, and tax values for the order so that you can place a full refund.
5. *If you are placing a partial refund use the blue Refund/Return buttons to alter the price of the wines/products to set them to the price per bottle you wish to return.
6. When you are ready to proceed with the refund click the green Refund button.
7. You will then arrive on the payment area for the refund. The Refund Amount will list the total value that must be returned to the customer. Each tender must be added until the total value for the Refund Amount reaches $0.00.
8. Click the blue Refund button next to a tender to adjust the value you want to return. The default value will be the amount originally paid using the tender.
9. Click Apply to save the refund amount for the tender.
10. Repeat steps 8 and 9 until all of the payments have been refund tenders have been added and the Refund Amount reaches $0.00.
11. Once the Refund Amount has reached $0.00 the Process Refund button will become active. Review your refund/return on final time making sure that it is correct, then click Process Refund.
1. Go to Store > Orders in the admin panel and click Add Order.
2. Proceed through the order tabs, adding the billing contact, selecting a shipping address or pick up, adding items, and selecting a shipping method if the order is being shipped, until you reach the Payment Tab.
3. On the Payment tab you will be given the show the Order Total for the order as well as the Amount Due which remains to be tendered.
4. Before splitting the payment select the payment method you wish to use from the Payment By dropdown.
5. To split the payment adjust the value in the Amount Tendered field to match the dollar amount that you want to charge for that payment tender. Next click the Add Additional Tender option that will appear.
6. Once the first split tender has been added successfully, it will appear above the payment method, and the Amount Due and Amount Tendered will update to the remaining value of the order. You can continue splitting the payment onto other payment methods by repeating steps 4 and 5 until the Amount Due for the order reaches $0.00, meaning that the entire order amount has be added to each tender.
7. Click Next.
8. On the Review screen make sure to check that all the order details, items, and tenders are correct. Finish placing the order by clicking Process Order.
1. Go to Store > Orders in the admin panel and open the order you want to refund/return.
2. From the Actions menu in the upper right of the order select Refund Order.
3. The order window will refresh to display the summary of the original order on the left column, and the refund options in the right column. To begin editing an item that you wish to refund, click on the green pencil icon next to the product you wish to refund or return.
4. From the refund Type menu select either Refund to refund money/funds only or Return to refund the money/funds as well as return the inventory for the item. If you are placing a partial refund adjust the value and/or the number of items being refunded or returned using the Quantity and Amount fields.
5. Once you have added all the items, shipping value, and tip value that you wish to return, give the refund a quick look over, then click Next.
6. On the Refund Payment tab you will need to enter the value that will be returned for each payment. Click Refund This Tender, enter the dollar amount you wish to return to that tender, and click Save. By default the full amount originally charged to that tender will populate, you would only need to alter this value if you are placing a partial refund.
7. Repeat step 6 until the Amount Due for your refund has reached $0.00. Click Next.
8. On the final Review tab, review your refund to make sure everything you want to refund has been added correctly, then click Process Refund.
The video below reviews tender (payment) reporting within Vin65.
Previously sales reports such as Sales By Date, Sales Detail (X), and other default Vin65 sales reports contained a summary of the payment information, either encrypted credit card data for orders paid for using a credit card or simply Cash or Check for other payment methods. These reports have been updated to remove columns related to the payment for the order. The following columns have been removed:
There are 3 primary reports to use for reviewing and reconciling split tender transactions. Two of the reports are upgraded versions of previous reports (Sales By Tender Type & Payment Report) and one is an entirely new report (Sales By Tender Detail). The 3 new reports are:
|Sales By Tender Type||This Report will give the totals for each tender for a given date range. This is a summary report so you can get the totals per tender. This does not contain order information or specific payment information. Learn More >|
|Sales By Tender Detail||This report is designed to allow order payments per order to be reviewed, in a similar manner as Sales By Date report does today. There will be no line items, rather order data with each payment. This report fills the gap between the sales by tender and the payment report. This will allow clients to review what tenders were used on each order. Learn More >|
|Payment Report||This is still the best report for gateway reconciliation, as it covers credit card activity in detail for orders. This report has been updated so that orders with multiple payments will appear on multiple lines so that each payment can be reviewed. (CreditCard only. No GiftCard, Cash, or other tenders). Learn More >|
No. Split tenders is a global update for all Vin65 users. The is no option to opt out or disable the tools. If you do not want to use the split tender tools then do not click the Split button when placing a POS order or alter the tender in an Admin Panel Order.
Yes. Customers that use a credit card as their method of payment on the iOS (iPad) version of the application will have the ability to leave a tip. The tip screen will be available to each customer so that each has the choice to leave a tip on their portion of the transaction or not.
The suggested tip values will be based on on the percentage of the amount being tendered (15%, 20%, or 25%). Alternatively the customer can choose to enter their own tip amount or choose not to leave a tip at all.
Yes. For example: you could split and order with two separate cash payments or you could place an order split between three separate credit cards.
No. Only one order confirmation can be sent as a receipt of purchase. The email address that is on the original customer record that was selected or the one address that is added on the order will receive the email.
This works well for customers who are just paying for their order with two different payment types, say Cash and Credit Card, but not for orders that are split between two or more individuals. Only one person will receive the email.
Yes. At the end of the order process, after tendering out the last payment, there will be a Print Tender Receipts button on the Success window. Pressing it will print a separate transaction receipt for each of your tendered payment in succession.
Both will print as a single receipt with and will need to be torn into separate receipts. A tear line will indicate the break between each transaction.
If the credit card that you are attempting to charge declines you will have to remove the card that was tendered and try another credit card or another form of payment such as Cash.Tenders that have been successfully authorized or charged cannot be removed from the order. Only tenders that have declined or do not require a payment gateway for processing (Cash, Check, GiftCard, etc) can be removed from an order and re-tendered before the order is processed. This would be done to correct a entry error etc.
The default Vin65 sales reports that contained the specific payment method (i.e. encrypted credit card data, cash, check, etc) have been updated in split tenders, removing the following columns:
- Gift Card, Points, Balance, Payment Type, Card Type, Card Number, Expiry Month, Expiry Year, Name on Card.
Rather than all these reports containing partial payment information there are 3 main reports for reviewing the specific payment method for an order: Sales By Tender Type, Sales By Tender Detail, and Payment Report.
If a single order has multiple tenders/payments, each credit card will hit your payment gateway. Each charge will have the same order number, but each charge will have different transaction/auth numbers.
If the order that you are placing is a split tender order , which means it is being paid for with more than one method of payment, you will have the option to remove or void (in the case of credit cards) tenders from the payment screen. See Remove Tender From Order Documentation.