Site Directory Structure
Once you have your FTP account set up, you will have access to everything you need to launch a site.
To the right is what the default directory structure of your site will look like. Items in bold (2, 5, 6, 9, 10) fall into your responsibility:
- /admin - system use only
- /assets - contains your template images, css, js etc
- /emailTracking - system use only
- /layouts - system use only, this where your parsed templates are kept
- /v65html - this is where your templates are stored
- apple-touch-icon.png - 114 x 114 pixel graphic
- Application.cfc - system use only
- circuit.xml.cfm - system use only
- error.htm - error page for system errors
- favicon.ico - 16 x 16 pixel graphic
- index.cfm - system use only
- robots.txt - system generated automatically
When calling assets into your templates use a relative path.
Do this: ../assets/images/logo.png;
not this: https://mysite.com.uswest.vin65dev.com/assets/images/logo.png
Otherwise when your site goes live your images will break.
For a more complete file structure of the assets folder, click here.