The Marketing URLs section allows you to control and manage the marketing URLs for your pages and how to create URL redirects. Watch the tutorial video and read the following text to learn more:
Add A Marketing URL: Learn to add and manage marketing URLs. Learn More >
FAQs: Frequently asked questions about Marketing URLs. Learn More >
1. In the Admin Panel navigate to Content Editor > Marketing URLs.
2. Click the [+] Add A Marketing URL button.
3. In the Marketing URL field, type in name of the marketing URL.
4. In the Link URL field, type in the URL link.
5. In the Redirect dropdown field, select either No. Show "Marketing URL" in the Link Bar or Yes. Redirect Traffic and show "Link URL" in Link Bar.
6. The QR Code will automatically generate after you have fill out the Marketing URL, Link URL and selected the Redirect field.
The complete URL used to view the website page.
A shortened version of the URL which contains the page information.
|Link URL||The long page ID or original web address for the page.|
The QR code changes every time the marketing URL is changed. If you are printing your QR codes on your products it's very important to make sure that the marketing URL does not change.
Example of a QR Code:
A 301 redirect is used to ensure that links to your previous website that have already been indexed by Google are not broken when you migrate your website's pages to Vin65. To set up a 301 redirect:
- Enter the URL of your previous page in the 'Marketing URL' box.
- Enter the new URL that the customer should be redirected to in the 'Link URL' area.
When set up correctly, the customer will be able to access your page via the old URL. This is useful when migrating from another platform to Vin65.
Make sure you are applying your changes (page properties) AND saving your page before you check the page. If the page is already open in your browser, close it, then reopen it.