Reporting is a core functionality that you can use to help keep track of your winery's performance and help you make decisions day to day. With enhanced reports you will experience a faster, more reliable reporting system with an updated design.
Learn the functions of each of the buttons found within a report.
Vin65 template reports give you a great starting place for your reporting needs. These reports have pre-selected filters and columns to get you started with various reporting tasks. Some of these reports have had their names changed to better reflect the information they provide.
To run a report, you will first need to select a report to work off of. On the main reports page you can select one of our Default Reports or from the list of Saved Reports you may have.
Once you have selected the report template, you will need to set the parameters around which you'd like to run your data.
2. Select Manage Filters to show or hide the filters selected for your report. You can add a new filter by clicking on + Add Filter.
3. You can remove filters by clicking on the Remove icon on the filter you want to eliminate.
4. Select Manage Columns to open a screen that will show you the columns available for your report.
5. Once you are happy with the filters and columns, click View to generate the report. It will display in the Results section below for you to view. If you change your filters or columns, you must click View each time you would like your results refreshed below.
6. To save the results to your computer click Export. This will refresh the data you have selected and queues your report for export.
7. When you click Export, a message of "[Report Name] is being generated." will display. As soon as the report is fully generated, a message of "[Report Name] is ready for download." will display. The reports will now be available to download from the browser.
Report(s) will continue to generate even if you leave the Reports section. When you come back to Reports, there will be an Alert notifying you a report is ready for download. This is useful when working with reports containing large amounts of data that may take longer to generate.
8. You can also click Save As to save your report and the custom parameters you have set. These will appear on the main Reports page under 'Saved Reports' and can be edited or deleted at your discretion.
9. To have your report run automatically in the future, select Actions > Schedule. This feature is available to Plus users only and allows you to schedule your report once or to run recurring on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to upgrade your Vin65 plan to Plus or learn more about scheduling.
The Manage Filters button toggles your filters to appear or disappear from view on your report. Select + Add Filter once visible to add additional available filters.
Filters are the main way for you to configure your reports to obtain the data you are looking for. They allow you to set parameters on which information will be generated in the report and are available based on how information is stored in the Vin65 databases.
You can add a filter by selecting + Add Filter after selecting Manage Filters. Within the available filters you can check or uncheck which filters you would like applied, or you can remove filters if you decide to.
Be sure to click View to refresh the results of your report when you change filters or columns.
To customize a report, you can also click on Manage Columns. Once selected, the Manage Columns pop-up will appear. Here, you will be able to pick and choose the columns you want to include in your report. Each of the checkboxes represent a column header which will be generated in your report.
Scheduled reports are a feature available exclusively to Plus users of Vin65. When within a report, click Actions > Schedule to open the Schedule dialog box. Here you can select if you want to schedule a report to run once or on a recurring basis of daily, weekly or monthly.
The date you select must be in the future by at least one day and the time at which it will generate can't be specified.
Daily recurring reports will run based on the previous day's data, and weekly reports will run using Monday through Sunday data of the previous week, arriving in your inbox on Monday. Monthly reports will run on the first of each month. Wineries are limited to 10 recurring scheduled reports across each of their websites.
Contact email@example.com to upgrade your Vin65 plan to Plus and take advantage of the scheduling feature.
Once you're within a report, click Manage Filters and/or Manage Columns to add or modify the fitlers and columns for your report.
You can reorder columns by dragging and dropping the fields within the Manage Columns section. This is the order that will display in your spreadsheet export.
You can add filters in the Manage Filters section by clicking the add filters box and selecting from the predetermined filters.
Different data is maintained in different databases making it not possible to have all filters and columns available across all reports at this time.
When you're within a report click Actions > Schedule to schedule your report. You can only have one schedule setup at a time per report, however you can always cancel any schedules that you put in place. Note that scheduling is a Vin65 Plus exclusive feature.
No, reports cannot be scheduled to generate and email to you at a specific time of the day. Most scheduled reports will be pulled at midnight and emailed at that time.
Click into the saved report you would like to modify and simply change your filters and columns and select View. You can either click Save to keep the same report name and overwrite the data, or Save As to add a new name to the report.
When you click Export your report is added to our generation queue. Based on its size it will be queued in our system and it will be alert you via the bell in the Reports tab when it is available for download.
For a limited time, you can access the old reporting interface. This is to ensure that you're comfortable with the new tools. To view the old reporting interface, just click on reports in the admin panel and click the 'Back to old reports' button. (To return to the new tools, click the 'Try Enhanced Reports' button.
Custom reports will move to the new interface in the next stage of development. For now, you can access your custom reports through the old interface.