Supported Devices: Learn more about how to order a device that is compatible with your WineDirect POS system and more resources by region and model. Learn More >
Getting Started Setup & How-to: Learn how to set up your device for the first time and connect to the POS. Learn More >
Device Settings: Learn what settings you can change in the POS and how to remove a terminal from your POS setup. Learn More >
Make a Sale: Learn more about how to process a payment for a POS orders using a connected terminal. Learn More >
Refunds: Learn more about how to process card-present and card-not-present refunds for orders placed using a connected terminal. Learn More >
FAQs: See common questions about EMV and contactless payments. Learn More >
Connect the supplied terminal power supply unit to use the jack connector located on the left side of the terminal. Connect the power supply unit to an available power source. The Move/5000 will automaticall turn on.
Check to see if the battery symbol in the top right corner is flashing or moving(=battery charging) by pressing 0000.
Charge the battery for 16 hours on initial start up by using the supplied power adapter. The battery will charge to full capacity in four hours and 50% capacity in 1.5 hours.
Please see Page 22 of your Ingenico Move/5000 User Manual for detailed instructions.
To configure your device on Wi-Fi you will need:
1. Ensure that your POS and terminal are on the same WiFI network connection.
2. Log into the POS system.
3. Click Menu Bar (the 3 bars in the upper left corner of the POS screen) > Device Settings.
4. Click Setup New Terminal. (If you have already setup the EMV terminal previously and are connecting another POS or you are reconnecting to an existing POS, simply select the Nickname of the terminal from the EMV Terminal dropdown menu.)
5. On the next screen you be asked to enter a Nickname for the device. This will be used to identify the EMV terminal from a list of devices for future use and can fore example be used to indicate the primary location of use.
6. You will also be asked to endter the last 8 digits of the device’s Serial Number (S/N). This can be found on a sticker on the back, or from the device menu accessed by pressing '0000'.
7. To complete the device registration, click the Create button and you will see a green banner and confirmation that the setup process was successful. Then save the selected device to associate it with the POS profile you are using and you’re ready to process your first payment!
Once a terminal is set up, there are a number of settings that you can edit through the POS by going to . . .
Please use the steps outlined below to place a POS transaction and pay with the EMV Terminal:
1. Make sure the terminal you want to pay with is setup as the default by going to Device Settings, selecting the device and click Save.
2. Add items to your POS cart as you do with any POS transaction and click Charge when ready to checkout.
3. Click the Pay With Terminal button.
Note that split transactions are supported by clicking the Split button under the Total Due and processing individual payments until the amount owed is zero.
4. Next the transaction will be sent to your EMV terminal and the terminal screen will by default display the optional tipping screen (this can be turned off in Edit EMV Terminal settings). The customer can enter a custom dollar amount or press the red cancel button to skip this screen and leave no tip.
If the winery wants to provide a completely contactless payment experience, they will need to verbally prompt the customer for a tip and enter it on their behalf.
5. The next screen will prompt the customer to Swipe, Tap (using a contactless credit card, Apple Pay or Google Pay) or Insert Card. Note that if the customer has a chip card, the terminal will required another payment entry method.
Do not attempt to use any other card reading device at this point, including the MagTek swipers.
6. Following the terminal indicating the transaction was approved, the POS will automatically transition to the digital receipt screen on the POS, where you can email an itemized receipt to the customer. Their email will be pre-populated in the field if you selected or added a contact prior to this step; otherwise you canenter an email address and a customer record with the email address will be created and the order placed into the order history for the contact. See "Adding a Customer"
7. Finally, the Success screen shows with a summary of the tip and sale total the options to print an itemized receipt, an itemized reciept with a signature line, or start a new order.
Note that the sellers in the U.S. and Canada can now skip collecting signatures on all EMV or contactless card transactions. In April 2018, all of the major payment networks announced that they will no longer require merchants to obtain a signature.
1. Log into POS system.
2. Click Menu Bar (the 3 bars in the upper left corner of the POS screen) > Order Manager.
3. Scroll until you find the order to refund or search for your order using the magnifying glass icon in the upper right of the Order Manager screen.
4. Orders that were paid for using a EMV Terminal will be marked with a payment type of Terminal.
5. Click the Refund Items tab in the top right of the screen.
6. You should now see the Tenders display. If there are multiple tenders, there should be multiple lines and multiple Refund buttons.
7. Enter in the amount you would like to refund and click Process.
8. A screen will appear asking you to "Use Terminal to Swipe, Tap or Insert [Card Type] Ending in [Last 4 Digits]".
To complete a refund without a card present, press the cancel button on the terminal. The screen on the POS will now show that as an option at the bottom of the popup window.
9. Once the refund is processed, you will see the Receipt modal. You can choose to Send Receipt to notify the customer of the refund or No Thanks.
10. The green Success checkmark on the POS screen let's you know the refund process is complete. Click Print Receipt or Back To Orders to finish the refund.
11. If you encounter error when processing a refund, you will be taken to a Refund Error modal. It will provide you with the error message and an option to restart and try inserting the card again by clicking the Retry button.
These features are not supported at this time. You can still keep your MagTek iDynamo swipers connected to the iPad/iPhone,swipers and use those swipers to simply record the data for you. You will not have to switch devices in the POS application to use that functionality of those swipers, since the iDynamos are “plug and play”.